Does Flood Insurance Handle Liability Needs?

Are you afraid of liability concerns affecting you during a flood and aren’t sure what kind of help you can get here? Integrity Advisors Agency LLC (Stephen Reese) can help San Antonio, TX, residents understand their flood insurance situation and protect them from serious problems.

What Your Flood Insurance Does Cover 

Your flood insurance is designed to protect items in your home and throughout its overall structure. For example, if a flood destroys things like your heater, air conditioners, refrigerators, televisions, carpeting, windows, paneling, wallboard, and much more, your policy will protect you. 

As for liability issues, that’s a more complex situation. Typically, if someone is injured in your home due to the flood, your policy won’t help to cover their treatment. That’s because it is a type of goods policy and not one that handles liability needs. But what happens if they’re injured due to your mistake? 

For example, let’s say that someone is injured in your home during a flood when a floor collapses. If the cause of the collapse was your negligence in repairing the floor before the flood, you might be liable for their medical treatments and other types of lawsuit situations. 

In this situation, you may need to work with your home insurance company to get the results that you need. This type of policy works to help protect you from a myriad of problems and will cover you if you are negligent and cause harm to somebody and gets sued in a lawsuit. 

Help is Here for You 

If you’re worried about the dangers of flood insurance and want a policy that helps you, please contact us at Integrity Advisors Agency LLC (Stephen Reese) right away to learn more. Our team serves the San Antonio, TX, area and will do whatever it takes to give you the help you need here.

Is Flood Insurance Required in Texas

Whether you are required to purchase flood insurance by your mortgage lender is largely dependent on the property’s location. For instance, if you are purchasing a home in Texas near the water or in an area that has experienced flooding in the past, flood insurance is likely mandated. Keep in mind that even if you are not required to have flood insurance, having a policy may be worth the nominal cost because your homeowner’s insurance will not cover flood-inflicted damage. With flood damage causing significant disruption and expense, insurance helps dampen the blow and allows you to sleep easy at night. 

If you are purchasing commercial or residential property in the San Antonio area and are concerned about whether you need to have flood insurance, several resources are available. First, start by contacting the team at Integrity Advisors Agency LLC to have all your questions answered. Second, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) resources via their website offer additional context on flood zones. It is important to remember that if you purchase in a high-risk flood area with federal disaster assistance, you must carry flood insurance to be eligible for future federal disaster assistance. 

With that said, every property, regardless of location, is vulnerable to flood damage, and the only protection offered is via flood insurance. By working with a reputable team like Integrity Advisors Agency LLC in San Antonio, TX, you’ll rest easy knowing that your home or business is always protected. We work tirelessly to ensure that each customer is satisfied and go above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service. Give us a call today or stop by our conveniently located office to learn more.

What does flood insurance cover

If you watch the news at all, you have seen countless examples of how devastating floods can be. They happen all over the country, and places that have never flooded before have been devastated by floods. The cost is phenomenal. One inch of water in your home can cause $25,000 in damage. Home insurance doesn’t cover floods. If you don’t have flood insurance, you are out of luck. At Integrity Advisors Agency, LLC in San Antonio, TX, we have 30 plus years of experience providing our clients with the best products and putting their needs first. 

Flood insurance is managed by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) but is delivered by a network of approximately 90 carriers or directly from the NFIP (National Flood Insurance Program). The NFIP provides flood insurance not only to homeowners but also to businesses and renters. Everyone can suffer from the devastation of a flood. To purchase flood insurance, you need to live in a municipality that participates in the program. If you are not in one of these places, you may still be able to purchase flood insurance from your insurance agent through private insurance. 

Flood insurance is sold to homeowners in two parts, property and contents. Property can be sold up to $250,000 and contents up to $100,000. Property insurance covers the building structure. This includes roof, flooring, major systems such as heating and cooling, plumbing, and electricity. Anything that is permanently attached to your home, such as kitchen cabinets, built-in appliances, and bookcases. It also covers basements and crawl spaces and cleanup from the flood. Content covers the washer and dryer, furniture and electronics, kitchen contents, articles of clothing, and other personal possessions. 

Contact Integrity Advisors Agency, LLC in San Antonio, TX to discuss the value of flood insurance and how to obtain it.